The annual scholarship from the OTSA Halide Edip Adıvar fund provides an introduction to Turkey for qualified undergraduate students who have not had extensive prior experience in Turkey or in Turkish studies. The award is to be used for travel to Turkey, while there, to supplement participation in a program in Turkish language, a study-abroad program, or a work internship; or for study or research in any aspect of Turkey’s history, culture or society.
· Applications should be submitted to Dr. Emine Evered at email@example.com.
· Applicants must currently be enrolled in a degree program at an institution of higher education, but may be a graduating senior.
· Applicants must also be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
· Deadline for receipt of materials: Nominations must be sent by April 30, 2019.
· The award will be announced by the end of May, 2019.
The winner must make use of the award within a twelve-month period, beginning the summer after the award is granted. Thus, a scholarship awarded in May 2019 is to be used in the summer of 2019 or the 2019-2020 academic year.
· Application Requirements
1. Statement of Purpose: should include:
a. how the proposed time in Turkey connects to the applicant’s experiences, interests and goals;
b. the proposed dates of stay in Turkey and specifics of the program/internship/study, including the sponsoring institution/organization, contact name and numbers
2. A current Curriculum Vitae
3. The most recent Official Academic Transcript. It should be sent directly by the university to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 30, 2019.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation: Referees should address letters directly to the Adıvar Selection Committee and submit them to Dr. Emine Evered at email@example.com, no later than April 30, 2019.
5. No additional materials will be considered as part of the submission.