The annual scholarship from the OTSA Halide Edip Adıvar fund provides an introduction to Turkey for qualified undergraduate students who have not had extensive prior experience in Turkey or in Turkish studies. The award is to be used for travel to Turkey, while there, to supplement participation in a program in Turkish language, a study-abroad program, or a work internship; or for study or research in any aspect of Turkey’s history, culture or society.
· Applications should be submitted to Dr. Yeşim Bayar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Applicants must currently be enrolled in a degree program at an institution of higher education, but may be a graduating senior.
· Applicants must also be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
· Deadline for receipt of materials: Nominations must be sent by June 30, 2020.
- The winner may make use of the award through September 30, 2021.
· Application Requirements
1. Statement of Purpose: should include:
a. how the proposed time in Turkey connects to the applicant’s experiences, interests and goals;
b. the proposed dates of stay in Turkey and specifics of the program/internship/study, including the sponsoring institution/organization, contact name and numbers
2. A current Curriculum Vitae
3. The most recent Official Academic Transcript. It should be sent directly by the university to email@example.com, no later than June 30, 2020.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation: Referees should address letters directly to the Adıvar Selection Committee and submit them to Dr. Emine Evered at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than June 30, 2030.
5. No additional materials will be considered as part of the submission.